"Space is big. Really big. You just won’t believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is.”
high tide and low tide in great britain. photographs by michael marten
"When I was 19, my girlfriend and I were going to study in Paris. Our boyfriends came to the docks to see us off. Right as we were getting on the ship, my friend’s boyfriend said to her: ‘If you go, I won’t wait for you.’ So she turned around and decided to stay. My fiance saw this and told me: ‘I won’t wait for you either.’
I said: ‘Don’t!’”
I love this.
Hehe, LOVE IT!
STORY OF MY LIFE!!!
reflecting on the old and looking towards the new
1. Rating of satisfaction of 2013: 9/10 (10=highest, 1=lowest)
2. Reasoning of Q1: in all honesty 2013 wasn’t super exciting (which in this case was awesome in its own right), but the year did fly by pretty quickly. a lot of personal/spiritual growth. still learning, still serving to bring Him all the Glory.
3. Biggest achievements of the year: 1. CRA!! 2. shot a wedding for the first time
4. Biggest lessons learned: 1. i still have so much to learn 2. prayer 3. sometimes being too detail-minded can make you lose sight of the overall picture
5. Goals for 2014: 1. don’t sweat the small stuff 2. pray more 3. be missional
6. New habits to cultivate: 1. drink more water 2. be more active 3. organize/tidy things up more often
7. ways to achieve Q6: 1. bring gallon jug of water to work 2. walk whenever possible, find a good exercise app and actually use it. 3. organize one thing or area for 10 minutes a day.
Listamania (in no particular order)
movies i enjoyed
books i enjoyed
most excited about 2014: